Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Chapter VII: Eighty Five

I really hate number 85. It really is the grade that I have to maintain all the time. Since high school, my teachers would challenge me to maintain that grade. It’s the least that we should have in every subject. Once we already have it, we can no longer have the chance to receive the honors. It really is so difficult to attain. Everyone would work hard just to refrain from getting that grade. Well, I never did get that certain grade. I worked hard for me not to get them.

One of my favorite subjects is History. I always memorize and comprehend each and every word that the book would suggest. I always top in our exams in history. I never thought that I would have such grade in that subject. For me it’s the easiest subject. Nevertheless it is the most ignored subject of all. I never thought that I will have a problem with it. Our teacher then was so strict. Our attendance, attitude, and other assignments were strictly marked. It wasn’t a treat at all for me.

Our professor at the end of the first quarter told me that I had 84 in my card. I won’t be included in the list of honors therefore. I was so disappointed. I couldn’t believe I’m already out of the list. Out of depression, I did not work well on my subjects. I was so fed up and found no purpose of studying for there will be no rewards to be given anymore.

It was too late of me to know that it wasn’t the grade that was recorded on my card. I have to recover all my dignity and therefore study well. At the end of the semester, I did well. I topped the exams. I learned a lesson on a hard way. It was too late for me but I did my best. It is where I started to be mindful of my actions. Now, I don’t belittle my other subjects.

Now I really love number 85. I still have to maintain the same grade with my college GPA. I really have to. It is my scholarship that is at stake, so work very hard just to attain this goal.

No comments: